Can not Convert CAD to PDF in Amazon Linux

Product: PDFNet CADModule

Product Version:

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
When I try to convert in a EC2 Aws instance from CAD to PDF I get an error.

The error is:
Message: Error converting CAD content using CAD2PDF module Add-On.
Conditional expression: false
Filename : Convert.cpp
Function : FromCAD
Linenumber : 1521
Error code : 0
with root cause
com.pdftron.common.PDFNetException: Error converting CAD content using CAD2PDF module Add-On.

I have install the Cad Module (linux version) and install the library mesa-libGLU.x86_64 in the instance.

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
(The more descriptive your answer, the faster we are able to help you)

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:

Depending on your version of Linux and the packages that are installed, it is possible that one or more libraries are still missing and need to be installed for the CAD module to work properly. It could also be possible that the correct permissions are not properly set.

You can verify this by trying to run the module directly (run Lib\Linux\pdftronCADConvert), as it is an executable.

The correct output should be the following:

Path to config JSON not found

Otherwise it might output that a library is missing. Please install any missing dependencies and try running the module again, and see if that resolves the issue for you.

Hello;
I have made your test and the output is the expected: Path to config JSON not found, but when try to convert still have the same error:
The error is:
Message: Error converting CAD content using CAD2PDF module Add-On.
Conditional expression: false
Filename : Convert.cpp
Function : FromCAD
Linenumber : 1521
Error code : 0
with root cause
com.pdftron.common.PDFNetException: Error converting CAD content using CAD2PDF module Add-On.

Just to clarify, are you getting this issue when trying to convert all CAD files, or is it file specific? In addition, are you using the latest version of the SDK? You can download the latest version by clicking here.

If the issue appears to be file specific, are you able to provide it for us for further investigation?

Thank you.

I had a similar experience, but was able to resolve by installing OpenGL on the Linux server as described in the documentation here:
https://www.pdftron.com/documentation/linux/guides/features/conversion/convert-cad-to-pdf/#opengl

For Ubuntu this would be:
apt-get -y install libgl1-mesa-dev libx11-dev libglu1-mesa-dev

However, I was using an Aws Lambda Docker image which required adding the following line to my Dockerfile:
RUN yum install -y libgl1-mesa-devel libx11-devel mesa-libGL-devel

Hopefully this helps someone else!

1 Like