Digital Signature

Product: PDFNetPython3

Product Version: 9.1.0

is there any access control for digital signature , can i disable / hide signature fields .

Hello.

You can either completely remove the signature field or you can remove the appearance so it is not visible. We have an example in our FAQ showing how to remove a field here. The field appearance can be removed by using the EraseAppearance.

what in case there is two sign fields and i want to restrict user to that he can only add sign on his sign field

Could you please provide some more information on what you are trying to achieve and your current process? How are your users going to be signing the document? Are you using Apryse WebViewer for signing or a third party viewer like Adobe?

If we have the above information, we can better assess and troubleshoot the issue for you.
Thanks in advance!

We are using Apryse WebViewer With Python sdk and we have to achieve access control on digital sign field like as said if there is sign fields on pdf so i want to assign a user to that sign field so only he can sign there not other person , if pdf has a sign field which can access by logged in user then that are visible to them.

Hi Vishwakale79,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Webviewer.

it’s possible to show certain signature filed to a user.

To do that, you will need to implement your own logic of verifying the user,
then you can use Core.annotationManager.setCurrentUser, then in Webviewer, you could get the current user of the user by Core.annotationManager.getCurrentUser and determine if you’re showing the signature field or allowing the user to sign. You have two options here:

1. Hide the annotation
if (user === ...) {
    Core.annotationManager.hideAnnotations( // the array that contains signature annotations you want to hide)
}

https://docs.apryse.com/api/web/Core.AnnotationManager.html#hideAnnotations

1. Make the annotation readonly
const annotation = // .. the signature widget annotation (the signature field).
if (user === ...) {
    annotation.getField().flags.set('ReadOnly', true);
}

Please let us know if this resolves your issue, thank you.

Does python sdk has this feature ?

Hi vishwakale79,

the above code is for Webviewer. I’m not too sure if that’s possible in python SDK.

If you are using Webviewer, than the code should achieve what you expect.

Okay! thank you , Johnny_Kung