How can we save a PDF document incrementally without saving unused objects?

Q: According to the documentation, e_remove_unused cannot be used with e_incremental. How can we save a document incrementally without saving unused objects?

A:

The problem is that ‘globally’ unused object can’t be removed in incremental mode because can only append data to a file (i.e. existing objects can’t be removed). I guess we could remove any unused objects that are appended to the document, but I am not sure if this is what you are looking for?

Q: That’s exactly what I am looking for. For instance, in some cases, I have to embed a font and find out later on that an error occurred and the action has to be reversed (without having a backup copy as there are other unsaved changes). Due to existing signatures, the document has to be saved incrementally.

A: I see, we will enable e_remove_unused option together with e_incremental as part of the next update.

On Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:58:01 PM UTC-7, Support wrote:

Q: According to the documentation, e_remove_unused cannot be used with e_incremental. How can we save a document incrementally without saving unused objects?

A:

The problem is that ‘globally’ unused object can’t be removed in incremental mode because can only append data to a file (i.e. existing objects can’t be removed). I guess we could remove any unused objects that are appended to the document, but I am not sure if this is what you are looking for?