Add Annotation on an image file keeping original file format

WebViewer Version: 10.0.1
SDK .NET 4.5.1+ Version: 2.0.0 (10.0.0)

I noticed that it is possible to view several image format on WebViewer, like png, jpeg and gif, which looks great.

So I wonder if it is possible to add annotation on an image, and achieve any of the following:

• (WebViewer SDK (js)) save the annotated version of the image as original format(arraybuffer?); OR
  • (SDK .NET) using some information from WebViewer(e.g. xfdf ?), merge the flattened annotation on the original image file(currently I handled pdf annotation like this)

The reason I asked like this is that I tried the “Save As” button on the WebViewer, but only PNG is available as an option, while this will make the saved file:

• resized to a specific size
  • (JPG) loss the original EXIF information (PNG does not EXIF for sure)
  • (GIF) loss the animation (PNG does not move)

And after all, I think the user might expect the WebViewer can return a new version of the same file format.

I am planning to add a custom button and please let me know if it is possible to do so. Thank you.

Hi,

I’m looking into this, thanks.

Wanbo

Hi,

I have talked to my colleagues and it seems like this is not supported by WebViewer for now. I have added the feature request to our backlog and will keep you updated. Thanks.

Wanbo