CAD to PDF Element ID

Hi, I am using the trial version of PDFTron and it seems to provide almost all the features we require for our product.

One missing feature is the possibility to click on CAD elements in a CAD file.

For example, I need to open the CAD Drawing (converted) on the viewer and when I click a door in the drawing I need to capture the ID of the clicked element (door in this example).

I know that the DWG or DGN file stores this information, but I am not sure if PDFTron can capture it.

So, is it possible to do this?

Regards,
Leonardo

Hello Leonardo,

Thank you for contacting us regarding WebViewer! Unfortunately we don’t have the ability to do what you’re asking for at the moment. When a CAD file is opened in WebViewer, it get converted into a PDF and basically becomes a vector drawing. So accessing individual elements wouldn’t be possible. If this is a feature you really need, you can contact our sale department about the possibility of adding this feature. You can use the link below
https://www.pdftron.com/form/professional-services/

Best Regards,
Andrew Yip
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (and any attachment to it) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed in the header, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any reproduction, distribution, modification or use of the contents of this message (and any attachment to it) by any individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original.