Can't select check boxes or signature fields using stylus

Hello,

I’m currently using WebViewer 8.10.0 in our application and wanted to see how I could get the stylus (Pen) to work with certain types of forms fields like check boxes and signatures? When using the stylus and tapping on Sign Here I can’t get anything to happen. Same goes for check boxes. Is there a specific setting that I need to enable? I’ve already enabled stylus support via calling documentViewer.enableStylusMode() but that didn’t improve anything. Any help would be great. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Caleb,

Thanks for contacting support. I have confirmed on our end that a stylus click won’t trigger opening the signature field. I will investigate this further and let you know what I find.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

1 Like

Hi Zach, thanks for looking into the issue!

1 Like

Hi Caleb,

After looking into the issue I can confirm this is an active bug.

We’ve added the issue to our backlog to be worked on in the future. We don’t have a timeline for when it will be fixed but if it does get fixed we’ll let you know when it’s available in an experimental build to test out and the estimated official release date. If you have a desired timeline for having this issue fixed please let us know and we’ll do our best to work with you on how this can fit into the release schedule.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

1 Like

Hi Zach, thanks for the update. This issue isn’t that critical so we can work around for now. Please do let me known when a new build is available so I can try out on our end to see if stylus tapping starts to work on signature fields and check boxes.

1 Like

Hey @ccohoon,

Just wanted to let you know this issue has been fixed and is part of our 10.3 release. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Armando D.
Software Developer
Apryse Inc

1 Like

Ok great! Thank you for the update. Once I’m able to upgrade I’ll verify.

1 Like