Creating signature from searchTextFull results is returning "ghost" record

Product: WebViewer

Product Version: 10.7.2

I am trying to use the searchTextFull results to find text that starts with “_X” then create an annotation for a signature field, i did it and worked but, i am getting a field (search result) found on a page that does not even have text on that part is pretty much blank, tried the same pdf on https://showcase.apryse.com/pdf-search but there the ghost search result is not found

i am using this code

UI.searchTextFull("_X*",
    caseSensitive: true,
    wholeWord: true,
    wildcard: true,
    regex: false,
    searchUp: false,
    ambientString: false,
});

then on the search listener (removed code for simplicity) i get the fields and create new annotations using the quads

const newAnnotations = results
                ?.map((result: any, index: any) => {
                     const quad = result.quads.map((quad: { getPoints: () => any; }) => quad.getPoints())[0];
 const signatureHeight = (quad.y2 - quad.y3) * 2;

const inputAnnot = new Annotations.SignatureWidgetAnnotation(field, {});
                        inputAnnot.Width = quad.x2 - quad.x1 - horizontalShift;
                        inputAnnot.Height = signatureHeight;
                        inputAnnot.X = quad.x1 + horizontalShift;
                        inputAnnot.Id = fieldId;
                        inputAnnot.PageNumber = result.pageNum;
                        inputAnnot.Y = quad.y1 - signatureHeight;

return inputAnnot;
});

this works just fine, the only issue is that its finding something on page 7 that it exists on that place but on page 8, cant find why is that happening

is there a better way of doing this process?

Thank you for posting the incident to our forum. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

Hello @hiram.acebo,

Thank you for contacting WebViewer support,

Using the code you provided I was unable to reproduce the “ghost search result” you were describing

To diagnose further we require the following information.

1. Source input PDF used for testing
  2. Demo video reproducing the issue, highlighting expected vs. actual behavior.
  3. JavaScript console output showing all warnings and errors, and the value of results / newAnnotations.
  4. Network panel showing all failed network traffic
  5. Can you reproduce the issue on our latest release (Version 10.11.1)?
  6. Does the issue only occur in certain browsers and/or devices? If so what are the details?
  7. Are you using WebViewer Server?

Best Regards,
Jacob Romano Carlsen
Web Development Support Engineer
Apryse Software Inc.

Hello,

i just attached the pdf example and i tried using version 10.11.1 ans still got the same issue, we are not using webserver and this had happened on chrome and safari on a mac so far but i think some versions of windows (chrome) had the same issue

this is the video https://www.loom.com/share/a02073218df540608f737c20ed9872f4

66b12f3ab531ffd178282547.pdf (118.2 KB)

and the screenshots

Hello @hiram.acebo,

Thank you for the demo video and the sample file.

I was unable to reproduce the issue on our end, using the code provided.

To better understand your issue, would you be able to provide the rest of you WebViewer code, particularly how documents are being loaded, and whether the files are linearized, and whether you can reproduce the issue on 10.12 (our latest release).

Best Regards,
Jacob Romano Carlsen
Web Development Support Engineer
Apryse Software Inc.