Disable multi-select

We are not using webviewer and instead building a custom UI with document/annotation manager. I need to disable the ability for users to command+select multiple annotations in the document when there is more than one. I am using the ‘annotationSelected’ → ‘selected’ event listener and currently selecting the annotation that is in the 0th place. Our UX/UI designer does not want this ability at all. how can I disable?

Hi
Thanks for contacting us for support.
To better assist you, I need more information:
Are you only using the core package instead of our UI?
What version are you using?
Can I know what use case and reason why you want to disable multi selection annotation?
You say that annotationSelected event listener, this is expect behaviour to get the selected annotation. I am still confused that what you want to disable, could you please give me more information about it?/

Best,
Jack

Hi @jhou we would like this ability as well.

Allowing multiple makes the user interface more confusing and our designer has mentioned this to us as well.

I imagine the original request was related to this too. We are building a much more simple PDF viewer than what is in the demos.

Hello,

This could be accomplished through our APIs:

instance.Core.annotationManager.addEventListener('annotationSelected', (annotations)=>{
  if(annotations.length > 1) {
    annotationManager.deselectAnnotations(annotations.splice(0))
  }
})

This deselects all selected annotations except the first in the annotations list when multiple annotations are selected.

Best regards,
Tyler