Embedded File Attachment Size

WebViewer Version: 10.4.0

Do you have an issue with a specific file(s)?
Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos?
Are you using the WebViewer server?
Does the issue only happen on certain browsers?
Is your issue related to a front-end framework?
Is your issue related to annotations?

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
How to get the size of an embedded file attachment

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
With WVS 10.3 file attachments aren’t downloaded immediately anymore when opening the attachment panel (which is good). When I click on a large file attachment, the spinner appears and I have to wait for a certain time for something to happen. Is there a way to show the progress to the user or at least have the expected file size somehow? And why does opening a 50MB attachment take around 30s?

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:

1 Like

Hello Sebastian,
WebViewer currently doesn’t have an API exposed for the behaviour you requested. We will submit the feature request for our Product Team to review.
As for the speed issue, you can check the following guides on how to best optimize WebViewer:

and

You could also preload the workers, check this guide for more info:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Regarding the performance: I’m not referring to WebViewer itself, only to the opening of attachments. Means, the document is already fully loaded and the user clicks on an attachment in the attachment list to download.

1 Like

Hi Sebastian,

We will check with our Production Team and Solution Engineers and will contact you as soon as we have more information.

1 Like

Hello Sebastian,

Could you please try and replicate the issue on WV version 10.4? To check is there a delay between clicking of annotation and actually starting. Can you please try our nightly build for example, you can find it here: PDFTron Systems Inc. | Nightly
Or test it out on our online demo here: JavaScript PDF Viewer Demo
As for taking long to load 50mb attachment, I need to ask about your internet speed?

1 Like

Hi, I tried on your demo page where I have enabled the attachment button and saw the same behaviour. 50MB of attachment takes around 25-30s. After clicking the attachment, the spinner immediately appears. I don’t think that it is related to my internet connection speed, as I originally tried on my local development machine where I have the same issue.

1 Like

Can you please provide us with the file you are using to reproduce the issue? If its confidential, you can freely use my email to send it: bjovanovic@apryse.com

1 Like

Hi, unfortunately, I can’t add the file here, as the file size is too big (and same with mail). But you can simply take a single-page PDF and add a 50MB binary attachment (I used one of PDFTrons SDK download zips) to it so that the resulting PDF file size is 50MB. Then open in WebViewer.

1 Like

Hi sebastian.kraemer,
Can you please use OneDrive or dropBox to upload the file and send us the link, so we can test it internally.

1 Like