Flash viewer error

I have just strated testing your viewer and the flash version of it generates some javascript error to me, while the HTML5 version work great.
I get the following error:

Central Directory offset not found

I also attach a screenshout of Chrome's debugger that might help:

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Do you get the same error when you upload the file to our demo page? http://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/showcase/
Is the issue with one particular file, or many?
Feel free to contact support at pdftron.com, especially if you can send the input file that causes the problem.

Also, note that there is a separate WebViewer forum, that you might want to check.

It seems that when using the non-minified version and I include these additional scripts :

<script src="~/Scripts/PdfTron/flash/swfobject.js"></script>
<script src="~/Scripts/PdfTron/flash/FABridge.js"></script>
<script src="~/Scripts/PdfTron/flash/HttpAjaxPartRetriever.js"></script>

...I get the same error as I used to get with the minified version of "".
So, the one mystery is solved...

Also, thanks for the link to the other group.
I guess this is the wrong group to post, but too late to change this now. :frowning:

It seems that when I set the “streaming: true” on the viewer it work OK (although everything seems blur).
But if I set it to false, then I get the error (Central Directory offset not found). :frowning:
Any idea what may be wrong?
I have the impression that this error is related to the ZIP format of the XOD.

It also seems that when using “streaming: true”, what I see in the viewer is the thumbnails stored inside the XOD, not the actual pages (I guess that’s why it is so blur…).


I have an update to this issue.
Please, keep this in mind to help other user in the future.

The issue was that the Flash viewer used byte-ranges.
This works fine in IIS for static files, but in my case I had to send the file bytes from a controller action.
I didn’t support byte-ranges in my controller action, so this was ther problem.

After using this library:
http://tpeczek.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/range-requests-in-aspnet-mvc.html (there is a CodePlex link at the botton)


Everything work as expected.

Great thank you for the information! I’ll post this to the webviewer forum to help others.