Flatten PDF using WebViewer Server

Product: WV Server

Product Version: 2.1.0

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
Is it possible to flatten any pdf or other documents using the APIs that the WV Server provides?

I see there’s any option that can be passed to allow this and avoid achieving the same with an extra step?

Hello @galba,

The APIs offered by WV Server do not perform flattening, these are the only options supported. To perform flattening you can either do it on the client with WebViewer APIs, or using one of our back end SDKs.

Best Regards,

Armando Bollain
Software Developer
Apryse Software Inc.

Thanks for your reply, @Armando_Bollain

Several questions:

• Which is the impact of doing this in the client in terms of resources consumption?
  • Wouldn’t it make sense to have such feature in the WV Server to leverage there any load?

Hello,

@galba We also use webviewer server and this is a feature that would be great to have.

In general, we’d like features to be able to preprocess the documents on the server side (flattening, optimizing, watermarking,…) . Since webviewer server is already doing the transformation of docx, xlsx,… files, it would seem logical to also use webviewer server for these features.

@Armando_Bollain are there any plans to include this as part of the WV Server API?

Hi @galba,

I’ve escalated this to the WV server team to assess its feasibility and whether it can be added to their backlog for dev. But at this time I can’t provide an estimate on when this would be done if it is deemed feasible.

Best Regards,

Armando Bollain
Software Developer
Apryse Software Inc.

Hello @galba,

At this time there are no plans to add this functionality to WebViewer server. The preferred method to flatten is by using our SDK, or client side with WebViewer’s APIs.

Best Regards,

Armando Bollain
Software Developer
Apryse Software Inc.