Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos? No
Are you using the WebViewer server? No
Does the issue only happen on certain browsers? No
Is your issue related to a front-end framework? No
Is your issue related to annotations? No

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
Hiding data elements under the Advanced Settings in the Settings dialog

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
We are in the process of customizing the WebViewer UI by hiding tools or elements we don’t need. Here in v8.10.0, I do not see any data-element attributes for the sections under Advanced Settings tab. However for sections under General tab, they have data-element attributes:

I would like to ask if Advanced Settings sections are planned to have data-element attributes in future releases, hopefully in the next one. Otherwise, is there another method of hiding some of these sections?

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible: N/A?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi joserafael.arce,

Thank you for bringing up this issue! I have added this issue to our backlog, so hopefully we can get these sections wrapped in a data element for you next release.

In the meantime, here is a workaround for this issue. Using this guide, we can import a custom stylesheet for WebViewer. In that stylesheet, add the below code and it will hide the pageManipulation section. If you want to hide other sections, choose a different child (:nth-child() - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN).

.setting-section:nth-child(5) {
  display: none;
}

Best,
Will

Thank you for the response! We will implement this workaround in the meantime.

Might be unrelated but would also like to ask if the Demo pages (PDFTron WebViewer Demo: JavaScript PDF Viewer Demo) will be updated to use v8.10.0 soon? My Product Owner uses the demo page as reference and I had to explain the demos are still on v8.9.0 as of writing.

Thank you!

Hi joserafael.arce,

We are currently in the midst of releasing v8.10.0 to our demo pages! I will reply here once it is released.

Best,
Will

1 Like

I have just confirmed the demo is now using v8.10.0!

Best,
Will