Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos? No
Are you using the WebViewer server? No
Does the issue only happen on certain browsers? No
Is your issue related to a front-end framework? No
Is your issue related to annotations? No

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
(Think of this as an email subject)

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
(The more descriptive your answer, the faster we are able to help you)

Hello,
I have a question about the license key, with my team we must update it but first we want to know until what date is valid the one we are currently using. From Apryse we received an answer in which they tell us that the “License key expires on” date is in the license key itself.
Could you please clarify this answer a little more? How do I see the date in the license key itself?
Thanks

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:

1 Like

Hello emiliano.pintos,

The date should be inside the key like so:

....:W+:AMS(20231230):.....

Best regards,
Tyler

2 Likes

@tgordon Can I ask you something else? If I use a expired license key, the ONLY issue that I may encounter is that I cannot update the SDK to future releases versions? Or also I’m going to have the watermark on my files in the webviewer?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello emiliano.pintos,

This depends on which type of license key you have.

• If you have a PWS key, which uses an auth server each time its used, then you will have a watermark
  • If you have a OEM key, then it does not use the auth server so no watermark will appear (since it uses the local key auth), but you are correct with not being able to receive updates.

You can read more here: Apryse Documentation | Documentation

Best regards,
Tyler

2 Likes

Hi @tgordon,
So this OEM license means that I have the key locally added in my code? Currently I have it as a environment variable in the GitHub secrets of my repo.

Thanks for all of your support!

1 Like

Hello emiliano.pintos,

All WebViewer keys are added the same way, so if putting the key in the environment variables works for you, then it shouldn’t matter what type of key you have.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best regards,
Tyler

2 Likes

@tgordon Hi, how are you?
Excuse me but I don’t fully undestood your last answer. You mean that putting the key on my environment variables it doesn’t matter which of them are, PWS or OEM, there will not be a watermark?
Thanks!

1 Like

Hello emiliano.pintos,

Apologies for the confusion!

The only difference between OEM and PWS keys are how they validate if its a correct/valid license.

Regardless of the key type, you input them in the constructor the same:

WebViewer({
  licenseKey: "the license key, can be either the PWS or OEM key"
}, ()=>{})

Let me know if that clears this up.

Best regards,
Tyler

1 Like