No signature field found

Hello,

We recently used the WebViewer license key to try out our signature feature, but no signature field could be found on our PDF document (“This document has no signature fields”) whereas before, with the trial version, we could see the signature fields in the WebViewer.

Is there anything to configure to make it work again ?

Thank you

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about WebViewer. Can I get some more information about how to reproduce this issue? What does the signature fields in your documents looks like? Would it be possible to get the XFDF of it or a sample document?
Guide on exporting XFDF

Also how are you creating the signature fields? Are you programmatically creating them in WebViewer, importing XFDF after opening the document, or loading a document with existing signature fields?

Lastly, are you enabling the “fullAPI”, WebViewer need the full API to parse the document for signature information
Guide for enabling full API

Thank you

Best Regards,

Andrew Yip
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

Hello,

Here you can find an example of a signed PDF document.

sample_pdf (1).pdf (58.3 KB)

The document was signed by an external tool, not the WebViewer itself. But when we tried out the WebViewer trial (without license), we had no issue on visualizing the document signatures.

It seems like passing in the license key to the Viewer makes the “PDFTRON” logo disappear on loaded PDF docs (which is expected) but also disables the signature checking feature for some reason.

We are loading the document with existing signature fields, and we enabled the “fullAPI” flag.

Thank you for your time!

Hello,

I double checked with a colleague and it seems we have different permissions for signatures in our license keys. We have permissions for

• adding new digital signatures to documents
  • retrieving and verifying existing digital signatures from a document

I was thinking we only had permission for for adding signatures, not for verifying, sorry for the confusion. I’ll add displaying warning message to our backlog. In the mean time you can contract your sales representative or use our contact sales form, and ask them for an updated key that enable verifying license key.

Please let me know if you still have issues

Best Regards,

Andrew Yip
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com