Nothing showing in signature panel when loading file from PdfTron server If Digital signature applied

Hi,

I have applied Digital Signature in the PDF file on Web viewer and saved the updated file in the DB. When I am opening file again in the Web viewer then there is nothing showing in the signature panel (Earlier It was showing when I applied digital signature) like below

When I have investigated further then I have noticed that If file is loading from ‘Linearized
folder then it is not working.

Linearized path (PdfTron server path) :- " data/Linearized/Fetched/FileName.pdf " – Not working from this path

But If I load file from without Linearized path then it is working fine

Without Linearized path(PdfTron server path) : “/data/Fetched/FileName.pdf” – Working with this path like below

So, my question is Why is It not working with Linearized path if Digital signature applied.?

If Digital signature is not applied, then It’s working with Linearized path as well .I have to show digital signature details in the signature panel in web viewer.

1 Like

Thank you for posting the incident to our forum. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hello rahul.tech8,

Thank you for reaching out, can you provide:

1. The file you are showing in the screenshots
  2. The code you are using to initialize and load the document

Best regards,
Tyler

1 Like

Hi,

Is there any update for above issue?

1 Like

Hello rahul.tech8,

It looks like this is happening because the Linearized.pdf has not been signed with a certificate, it has only been visually signed.

Best regards,
Tyler

1 Like

Hi,

Both are the same file. Please read my question again. Linearized.pdf and Fetched.pdf are same file , just PDFTron server path is different. When I am writing file on PDFTron server, that file exists in two location one is under ‘Fetched’ folder and second is ‘Linearized’ folder. so, both are same file for me (different for PDFTron server). I have just renamed the file as path specific. otherwise, both location file has same name.

Web viewer is loading file from ‘Linearized’ folder, and I cannot see anything in the inside digital signature panel.

If I load the file from direct database (same file) I can see digital signature in web viewer but If I load file from PdfTron server then I cannot see anything inside digital signature panel.

So, there is something wrong in the PDFTron server when we are writing file with digital signature

1 Like