OCR-Layer extrac

Dear all,

I am interested in utilizing OCR-Layer extraction as demonstrated in the following document:

I have a question:

Is this functionality on the client side or does the server component have to be installed?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Amir

1 Like

Thank you for contacting Apryse support.

I’m reviewing your request and will get back to you shortly.

1 Like

Thanks for your question. I am sending this over to the appropriate group. They should update your shortly.

1 Like

Text extraction, of whatever text is in a PDF, is client side yes. This would include any text added by any previous OCR.

But if you are talking about actually doing OCR processing (adding text to an image based PDF) then that is only available server side. The OCR module is not available client side only.

If you are indeed asking about the latter, perhaps you could elaborate on why doing an OCR pass on an image/PDF client side in the browser is important for your users?

2 Likes

Hi Ryan,

I appreciate your response.

I’m currently working on enhancing the document comparison feature, specifically focusing on allowing users to compare two documents, either of which may contain an OCR layer from a previous operation. To achieve this, it seems like I need to incorporate the following code into the webViewer instance.
1)Is this functionality on the client side or does the server component have to be installed?
2)and the code is correct?

Looking forward to your guidance on implementing this.

Best regards,
Amir

1 Like

Hello a.kehtarian,

Comparisons are client-side. A server component is not necessary for it.
Looking at your code, there does not appear to be any concerns.

If you run into any problems, feel free to reach out providing any error messages and network logs, and we’ll be sure to diagnose the issue.

Best Regards,
Jacob Romano Carlsen
Web Development Support Engineer
Apryse Software Inc.

2 Likes

Hello Jacob,

I appreciate your prompt response.

While I don’t encounter any issues with the comparison process itself, my concern lies in the handling of a document with an OCR layer. In the provided source code, the solution involves extracting the OCR layer. Could you clarify whether this extraction process occurs client-side or requires a server?

Additionally, I’m curious whether I can incorporate the extraction code into a webViewer instance, or if a separate application is necessary. My ultimate goal is to obtain an output that can be utilized for the comparison process.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards, Amir

1 Like

Hello a.kehtarian,

To address your two questions:

• The extraction process occurs client-side
  • You can incorporate the extraction code into a WebViewer instance.

Best Regards,
Jacob Romano Carlsen
Web Development Support Engineer
Apryse Software Inc.

2 Likes

Hi,

How can I exclude the hidden layer while doing the comparison using angular webviewer?

1 Like

Hello swanesh.saxena,

Can you provide a sample file? This depends on how the layers are structured, thank you.

Best regards,
Tyler

1 Like

Hello Tyler,

I am using the below file downloaded from Apryse itself.

In this pdf, there are five layers, am I want to hide the layer “Title” and then compare the document with original copy just for the PoC.

Please suggest

Best Regards,
Swanesh

1 Like

Hello swanesh.saxena,

For information regarding hiding layers, see the following guide: Show-hide-layers | Apryse Documentation

Let me know if this helps!

Best regards,
Jacob

1 Like

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for the response.

How can I compare the documents after hiding the layers?

Thanks,
Swanesh

1 Like

Hello swanesh.saxena,

You can compare the documents side by side by following the guide here: Multi-viewer-mode | Apryse Documentation

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Jacob

1 Like