OffceEditing realtime collaboration

Product: WebViewer

Product Version: 10.10.1

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
Possibility of doing realtime collaboration when in OfficeEditing mode .

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
Is it possible to use the OfficeEditing mode with 2 participants at the same time. Like the realtime collaboration possibility when editing annotations in PDFs? For PDFs it works via the events to produce XFDFs. I would like to do the same while editing a docx in officeEditing mode.

1 Like

Thank you for posting your question to our forum. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hello Denis,

We do not currently support office editing and realtime collaboration. I have notified our product team about your interest in this feature.

Best Regards,
Darian

1 Like

Hello Denis,

It would be helpful if you could provide some further information around the context of why you want the feature. We would be interested to know:

• What is the workflow that you would use the requested feature in?
  • Why is the feature valuable to you and your users?
  • How are you coping without it right now?
1 Like

Hey Darian,
our Software is a colalboration suite which allows collaborative fill out webpages in case of support cases. During that process we also have the case that PDFs are opened and filled out together, e.g. for some contracts. To achive it there we synchronize the XFDFs as you have it in your examples and that works fine.
Some of our customers now even use docx files and would therefore be interested to do also the collaboration there. Without the feature you can only use the standard annotations as with a PDF.

Regards,
Denis Trüby

1 Like

Hello Denis,

Thank you for the response.

I have relayed this information to our product team. We do not have a timeline, nor can we guarantee the implementation of this feature, but we would like to thank you for submitting this request.

Best Regards,
Darian

1 Like