Press tab to select through form fields

Product: Apryse PDFtron

Product Version: 10.2.3

We have an application where we can create custom formfields using the Annotations.FreeTextAnnotation class.

Is there a way to navigate through the created custom formfields by pressing the tab button on the keyboard?

The FreeText annotation is not technically a formfield, that would be a TextField instead.

Is there a way to navigate through the created custom formfields by pressing the tab button on the keyboard?

This question would be specific to the PDF viewer being used, not the PDF itself.

What exact PDF viewer are you asking about?
Please provide exact URL to where you dowloaded the viewer
Screenshots help a lot also.

Apologies for the confusion,
yes, I want to navigate through the FreeTest Annotation (forget about the formfield).

I am using PDFTron to view and edit the PDF.

Here is a screenshot. The blue fields on the right side are the FreeText Annotations.

Hello Subhrajyoti,

Could you clarify this behavior a bit more? When you press the tab key, do you expect to select each annotation? Or are you focused on a free text and expecting to jump to the next free text with focus?

Best Regards,
Darian

Hello Darian,

Apologies for being late.

As per your last statement, I am focused on a free text and expecting to jump the next free text with focus when I press “tab” on the keyboard.

The next free text to be focused can be choosen based on the sequence they were created.

Thank you,
Subhrajyoti

Hello Subhrajyoti,

I don’t think this is possible for Annotations.FreeTextAnnotation.

You can see this is possible with the text field under the forms ribbon group. The text field jumps to the next one when you press tab here: JS Extract PDF Form Data Demo | Apryse WebViewer

Best Regards,
Darian