Previewing Excel file only displays content of the first Excel tab

WebViewer Version: 6.3
Do you have an issue with a specific file(s)? Excel file (.xlsx)
Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos? Yes, I uploaded the Excel file to the online demo and it cannot display the Excel file at all (perpetually loading). In our internal testing, the viewer show only the first tab’s content.
Are you using the WebViewer server? No
Does the issue only happen on certain browsers? No
Is your issue related to a front-end framework? Not sure
Is your issue related to annotations? No

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
For certain Excel files, when I open using the WebViewer, it only manage to display the content of the first tab.

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
Open the Excel file provided below using the WebViewer 6.3. The deployment option that was used is “Client only”.

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible: Test Document

Thank you for the detailed report. We have reproduced an exception and the team is investigating. Once I know more I will update you.

1 Like

Hi Ryan, is there any updates on this issue? Thanks!

The team has completed their initial triage, and have sprint work items (I see one is already in review).

However, remaining work is currently unscheduled, so I have no time estimate I can give currently. Once I know more I will update you.

The team has marked this issue as to be worked on in the next sprint or two (next 4-6 weeks). I will update you once I know more.

1 Like

I am happy to report that this has been fixed and the fix will be available in upcoming WebViewer 10.3 release.

To get notified for the next official SDK release you can join our Discourse Announcements channel.

1 Like

Hi Ryan, thanks for the update. Does the team have a tentative date for the WebViewer 10.3 release? We require it for our internal planning as well, as we have to update our application that uses this WebViewer component. Thanks!

It should be sometime in the first week of August.

1 Like