Selection boundary

WebViewer Version: 8.12.0
I’m trying to annotate text in a pdf, but found that in some PDFs it seems to render with a pretty large “line height”, so much so that the selectionbox is overlapping the line above or below. This caused my annotation to appear in the wrong positions, like this:

I’m wondering if there’s any way for me to apply some transformations that would solve this issue.

Hi bxf1805
Thanks for contacting us for support.
I cannot reproduce it on our demo. Is there any sample files your can provide so that I can deep dive on it??

Best,
Jack

Hi, jhou,
I used this file in the demo site. It seems like PDFTron tries to determine the font heights internally. I have since seen the same in other files too, and even noticed the same issue slightly in a screenshot in the PDFTron guides: the second image here, if you look closely, you’ll see the selection boxes overlap somewhat:https://docs.apryse.com/documentation/web/guides/extraction/selected-text/.
I’ve attached the file that shows it best.
example.pdf (869.4 KB)

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed report. We have reproduced the issue with the large font heights and are investigating. We will keep you up to date, in the meantime, thank you for your patience.