Product: @pdftron/webviewer in React, FullAPI enabled
Product Version: 8.12.0
Please give a brief summary of your issue:
Signature not exporting after applying digital signature
Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
- We’re using @pdftron/webviewer: 8.12.0 with React
- We changed our process for digital signatures: we flatten documents with filled in data (e.g. their name and a date), import the signature annotations as XFDF, and then certify the document. The document validity all shows up correctly in Adobe.
- We then open the newly certified document in a Signing Page. We can successfully hide/mark as read only signatures not meant for the user. After a user adds their signature, we can successfully apply a Digital Signature, and save the document. Again, the validations are all working in Adobe.
However, the actual signature isn’t included in the document.
// Open an existing PDF const doc = await (instance as WebViewerInstance).Core.documentViewer .getDocument() .getPDFDoc(); doc.initSecurityHandler(); doc.lock(); // Retrieve the unsigned approval signature field. const found_approval_field = await doc.getField(in_approval_field_name); const found_approval_signature_digsig_field = await PDFNet.DigitalSignatureField.createFromField(found_approval_field); // Prepare the signature and signature handler for signing. await found_approval_signature_digsig_field.signOnNextSaveFromURL( in_private_key_file_path, in_keyfile_password ); // The actual approval signing will be done during the following incremental save operation. const docbuf = await doc.saveMemoryBuffer( PDFNet.SDFDoc.SaveOptions.e_incremental );
In this example, the signature annotation with name in_approval_field_name is not being saved/exported in saveMemoryBuffer call
We’ve tried a few things:
- Creating another digital signature field for each signature field (for example Signature1 and Signature1-Digital). This still doesn’t export the actual signature field.
- Using one field for everything and trying to generate an image of the signature itself. This also does not work.
- We are using the SigningModes.APPEARANCE signing mode.
- We are using a mix of document viewer calls (instance.Core.documentViewer…) and PDFNet calls. Could this lead to the actual signature annotation not being exported?
Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible: see above