Unable to exit MultiViewerMode after change made

WebViewer Version: 8.12.0

According to documentation, I can toggle multi viewer mode with: UI.disableFeatures([UI.Feature.MultiViewerMode]) & UI.enableFeatures([this.instance.UI.Feature.MultiViewerMode])

This works as expected EXCEPT when in MultiViewMode = true mode, I add any annotation and then try to toggle off. I get the following exception

react-dom.production.min.js:216 TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'getAnnotationManager')
    at bt (eventListener.js:19:39)
    at Object.removeEventListener (eventListener.js:11:28)
    at Wie.R (SaveModal.js:78:23)
    at Lu (react-dom.production.min.js:262:224)
    at t.unstable_runWithPriority (scheduler.production.min.js:18:343)
    at Uo (react-dom.production.min.js:122:325)
    at Au (react-dom.production.min.js:261:308)
    at du (react-dom.production.min.js:243:50)
    at react-dom.production.min.js:123:115
    at t.unstable_runWithPriority (scheduler.production.min.js:18:343)

Any ideas?

i noticed this can also be observed on your demo website at JS PDF Side-By-Side View Demo | Apryse WebViewer.

1. with side by side (multiview) on, add an annotation
  2. go into View Controls and toggle off “Compare Pages”
  3. the mentioned exception is thrown

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to Apryse community forums and providing a detailed description of the error. We were able to reproduce this issue on the showcase you mentioned.

We don’t currently have this on our roadmap but, we will add it to the backlog for our product team to review for feasibility and viability.

We don’t have a timeline for when it will be fixed but if it does get fixed we’ll let you know when it’s available in an experimental build to test out and the estimated official release date. If you have a desired timeline for having this issue fixed please let us know and we’ll do our best to work with you on how this can fit into the release schedule.

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

I decided to load two instances, one for side by side and one for single…though it seems pretty sluggish unfortunately. It would be nice to have that fixed as soon as you are able.

Hi there,

Thank you for your response,

It looks like the error only happens when the annotation is created in the new(right) viewer and closing the multi-view.

We will let you know when we have an update.

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

Hi Allen,

The fix for this issue has been released in WebViewer version 10.
Please update your WebViewer to the latest version to get this fix.

Best Regards,
Ahmad Moaaz
Software Developer
Apryse