Uncaught (in promise) Error: Signature field is READ ONLY

WebViewer Version: Current 8.2.0 also tried the latest version 10.2.3

ESign is working for us now when 1st signer sign the document and 2nd signer tries to sign the document the screen is stuck at loading screen and we see this error
Uncaught (in promise) Error: Signature field is READ ONLY

The same code was working before don’t know what got changed.

2 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed information.

Could you please provide a minimal sample of your project and pdf file where the issue is reproducible?

If possible, could we also have access to an environment if available?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Darian Chen

1 Like

Yep I’m seeing the same error after upgrading to 8.12.1 from 8.10.0. Never had this error before. Guess it’s time to downgrade for now. :confused: Tried going to version 11 but that just introduces other issues…

1 Like

Hello there,

It is difficult to reproduce the issue based on your description alone, could you please provide a minimal reproducible sample of your project and pdf file where the issue is reproducible?

A minimal reproducible sample refers to a simplified version of your project where unrelated/unnecessary code has been removed. The issue should still be reproducible in this simplified version. This helps us isolate and understand the problem more efficiently. You can attach your project or provide us with a download link.

Could you also try updating to WebViewer version 10+ and see if that resolves your issue?
Here is a migration guide to assist you: Apryse Documentation | Documentation

Best Regards,
Darian Chen

1 Like

Hi Darian, that’s much easier said then done. Is there no hint as to what may be causing this particular error? Can you not check what paths in the SDK may lead to this and maybe help us hone in on what part of our code could potentially be causing this? No issue in earlier versions of 8. Could it be an issue with annotation loading?

I tried upgrading to version 10+ but that just introduced more new issues. Wish the upgrade process was easier and not so painful. I’ll save those issues for another thread.

1 Like

Hello Darian, me again. Not trying to be a jerk in my last response. Just having a frustrating development day, sorry. When I get some extra time I’ll see if there’s someway to create a reproducible example. I’ll try upgrading to the latest version again and I’ll probably end up creating an additional thread related to calendar picking issues. Would be great to get on the newest version of the webviewer. Thanks

1 Like

Hello Caleb,

No worries, you can take your time.

It is difficult to pinpoint what is causing the error without more information. Judging by the error, it looks like something is causing the fields to become read only perhaps. Are you setting any of the annotations to read only in your code? If not, you can try changing all the annotations’ read only value to false.

Additional Questions:

1. Does this happen with only that specific document?
  2. Can you reproduce this on our samples page?
  3. Can you reproduce this using your code on our React sample (this may be an easier way to create a reproducible sample)?
  4. How did you create the PDF and signature fields?
  5. Can you provide code snippets (preferably React sample with code snippets) and the problematic PDF?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Darian Chen

1 Like