While upgrading from 7.3 to 8.7.0
(we’re at the end of the upgrade - this is the last issue we’ve got and it’s blocking us from uploading)
Do you have an issue with a specific file(s)?
this is an image from our dev env, please ignore the first two errors - the third one is the relevant one
Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos?
No, we have a signature implementation of or own by examples from your code…
Are you using the WebViewer server?
Does the issue only happen on certain browsers?
all of them
Is your issue related to a front-end framework?
we’re working with angular 13 (soon 14) but it looks like it’s not related to us at all
Is your issue related to annotations?
yes - signature annotation
Please give a brief summary of your issue:
you’ve got a signature tool caching after clicking the draw (ink signature) type - users can’t sign because of this issue
Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
(The more descriptive your answer, the faster we are able to help you)
the issue is, when we’re moving from ‘inkSignature’ to ‘textSignature’ (stamp) for some reason somewhere in your code implementation you still trying to get the other type and this error appears (the image attached) and the user can’t sign, this is happening really deep in your library and it’s a showstopper for us for upgrading the library, please address this ASAP
in my investigation, this is where I got to that the but is occurring from:
what happening here is that we have first - added an initial’s signature, after that we’ve opened the ink signature (we’re preforming a click on the tab event initially to open this like that) and tried to sign - the user can’t sign in this situation because the signature tool itself is still thinks it’s ‘annot’ (associated annotation) is still a free text signature and it does not contain this ‘getPaths’ function - even after the ui has updated.
the guard function (IsEmptySignature) here is also failing since the ‘free text signature’ is filled by our user’s initials - from the beginning - this can not change since it’s like that in the prevues version and the upgrade need to be transperant to users.
what we need from you is a way to bypass this
and a fix if you can to make sure this could not happen again.
the upgrade we’re doing took us 3 months already because of weird issues like that please address this soon
Mazi from Hibob.