Using annotation shortcut key when on the 'View' ribbon tab does not display the annotation toolbar, even though it switches to the Annotate ribbon tab

WebViewer Version: 10.1.0

Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos? Yes

Is your issue related to annotations? Yes

Please give a brief summary of your issue:

Using annotation shortcut key when on the ‘View’ ribbon tab does not display the annotation toolbar, even though it switches to the Annotate ribbon tab.

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
On a document, click the ‘View’ ribbon item. Hit the keyboard shortcut key for ‘Freetext’ (which is T). The ribbon item selected changes to ‘Annotate’ but the annotation toolbar does not appear.

1 Like

Hello,

I was able to reproduce the issue. We don’t currently have this on our roadmap but, we will add it to the backlog for our product team to review for feasibility and viability.

We don’t have a timeline for when it will be fixed but if it does get fixed we’ll let you know when it’s available in an experimental build to test out and the estimated official release date. If you have a desired timeline for having this issue fixed please let us know, and we’ll do our best to work with you on how this can fit into the release schedule.

1 Like

Thanks Andy,

We would ideally like this fixed by end of August 2023 as we are doing a release in September 2023 with the new version of the viewer.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

I have passed that along to the team to schedule in for a release.

1 Like

Sorry Deun for the lack of communication on this!

Sorry for the delay!

This issue should be addressed now in the latest version of WebViewer. If you haven’t done so, would it be possible for you to update to the latest version? I would recommend using the nightly stable build as it contains some important fixes that were merged recently: PDFTron Systems Inc. | Nightly.

Please give it a try and let me know!

1 Like