Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos? No
Are you using the WebViewer server? Yes
Does the issue only happen on certain browsers? No
Is your issue related to a front-end framework? No
Is your issue related to annotations? No

Please give a brief summary of your issue:

WebViewer Server not applying DOCX template values

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:

I am initializing the WebViewer using a WebViewer Server and then calling loadDocument on a DOCX file with template values in the options.

However, when I render this, the DOCX file template values are not applied. Am I missing a parameter or step when loading the document?

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:

Hello, I’m AiRon, an automated tech support bot :robot:
While you wait for one of our customer support representatives, I can help you with your question.

It seems like you’re trying to utilize WebViewer Server to apply values to a DOCX template, but the values aren’t being applied as expected. This functionality typically involves using template-based document generation features that are not directly supported by simply loading a document in WebViewer.

Some things you can try:

• Ensure that the template values are correctly defined in your DOCX file. This usually involves using placeholders that the server can recognize and replace.

• Verify if the WebViewer Server supports DOCX template processing natively. If not, you might need to preprocess the DOCX file using a server-side script or library to replace the template placeholders before loading it in WebViewer.

• Check if any additional configuration is required for the server to handle DOCX template values. This might involve setting specific parameters or using additional APIs to process the templates.

Here are some resources that might help you:

Hopefully, this helps you solve your problem while you wait for a human to get back to you.

I am specifically asking if this is possible. Look through all the available documentation you have access to and help me answer this.

Hi there,

When you load an Office document on Webviewer Server, the document is first processed and then sent back to the client. The file that is returned to the client is no longer an Office document hence the template values will not be filled in. You will need to use the client side solution if you would like to use the DOCX template value feature.

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

Got it. Thank you for clarifying.