Watermark on Images not displaying

WebViewer Version: 8.7.0

Do you have an issue with a specific file(s)?
any jpg/png

Are you using the WebViewer server?
No, only Viewer

Does the issue only happen on certain browsers?
No.

Is your issue related to a front-end framework?
Yes.

Is your issue related to annotations?
Not sure.

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
Loading an office document or a pdf directly, produces a watermark.
Loading a jpg/png with the exact same code shows the picture, but without the added watermark (although setWatermark() is called).

Should/can this work?

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WebViewer forums,

Are you using setWatermark API? PDFTron WebViewer Class: DocumentViewer

Please try using the option shouldDrawOverAnnotations:true for images.

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your fast response!

Sadly, after implementing this solution, we realized the watermark on the image (and on pdfs with this change) is missing on downloading the image/document.
This defeats the purpose we need the watermark for in the first place.

Is there a possibility of the watermark being displayed everywhere?
So on Images AND Pdfs, in the viewer AND also with the download/save as functionality.

I tried setting the watermark 2 times, once with shouldDrawOverAnnotations: true, once without, but it seems to me the last one just wins.

Thanks for your Help!
Manuel

Edit: The picture has the watermark on downloading, but only if I download it via “save as” and choose the original image type (on pdf it is not shown).

Hi there,

I did a quick test and found the following:

If we enable 'shouldDrawOverAnnotations: true, ’ :

For documents, this will create a watermark on the Viewer but not on Download/Save As.
For images, this will create a watermark on the Viewer but not on Download/Save As. (Note: if we Save As image, the watermark shows up)

If we do not have 'shouldDrawOverAnnotations: true, ’ :

For documents, this will create a watermark on the Viewer and on Download/Save As.
For images, this will not create a watermark on the Viewer and on Download/Save As.

What you could do is to enable loadAsPdf: true in the loadDocumentOption (PDFTron WebViewer Namespace: Core) when loading an image so the watermark will behave as expected and with this method, you can disregard the 'shouldDrawOverAnnotations: true, ’ option.

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

1 Like