WebViewer Collaboration

Hello,

I am following this guide

to implement WebViewer collaboration tools. I already have a WebViewer v8.5 up and running in my project, built on js.

I have followed the guide exactly and everything works up until here:

I am having trouble referencing the following code into my webviewer-init.js code:
import { CollabClient } from ‘@pdftron/collab-client’

I am getting a 403 Forbidden error.

Please help!
Thanks,
-Dante

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Failed to resolve module specifier “@pdftron/collab-client”.

Hi DanteDee,

Seems like the error was caused by the @pdftron/collab-client package using ES6, and you probably don’t have Webpack or something similar to handle ES6 modules properly. This StackOverflow post might be helpful: javascript - importing a package in ES6: "Failed to resolve module specifier "vue"" - Stack Overflow Please also make sure you setup WebViewer with this guide: PDFTron Systems Inc. | Documentation before you start working on the collab client.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Lin

Software Developer

PDFTron Systems, Inc.

www.pdftron.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (and any attachment to it) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed in the header, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any reproduction, distribution, modification or use of the contents of this message (and any attachment to it) by any individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original.

1 Like